Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Good service.

Dear Community,

My car got towed. Actually, it got towed (and impounded) twice. In 3 weeks. Part of me wants to spend the entire post regaling just how terrible it was (did I mention this happened twice) because Im a sympathy whore, but I'll spare you- don't let this keep you from lavishing the sympathy on though.

What I want to talk about is the people at the auto return place. It works kind of like this: you drive in California with a Colorado drivers license. The police pull you over and tow your car (you walk home). The towing company then takes your car to this third party auto return place where they immediately start charging you exorbitant fees for storage. If you want to get your car back, you go to this place and pay the exorbitant fees.

Which is exactly how I met "Ronald". When I went to pick up my car, he informed me it would $786.43. $786.43! Are you joking? For storing a car? And what the hell is the 43 cents for? The paper for "wait in line till your number is called" ticket?

I can't say I was nice to him. I was actually really mean. As if me yelling at him about how I actually was a great driver, with an impeccable record would cause him to suddenly break down and let me go with a lollipop. No luck. And no lollipop (although, its a great suggestion for a future customer service initiative).

And the truth is, Ronald was really nice about the whole thing. He told me about a similar experience he had driving across the country- which, at the times, being the self centered jerk I am, I responded to with "are-you-serious-this-is-the-worst-thing-that-has-ever-happened-to-anyone-ever-dont-even-try-to-compare-your-little-"accident"-to-my-life-altering-event". Which is too bad, because he was, in hindsight, a really good guy about the whole thing.

But all stories have a happy ending, because, as I explained earlier, my car was towed again a few weeks later. And who was there when I needed to pay another 700? Ronald! And, not wanting to make the same mistake, I was as pleasant as a peach. We were practically like college roommates meeting for a play date with our kids 10 years after graduating.

And here comes that annoying "conclusion" paragraph that is borderline pedantic. Some experiences just suck and its not supports fault. They are just the bearers of bad news. Which I rarely remember. Fortunately, I got to have the same terrible experience twice and correct my error. Lucky me.

Your favorite (now California registered) driver,
Sarah

3 comments:

  1. Still looking for help from Google help and can't find a person. This is the closest I've come to reaching someone. It's very apparent that Google's "HELP" is terrible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Sarah Hobbs,

    This is Tony Joseph from INDIA..>ASIA. First let me introduce about my self so, that there will be no PANDAS comming in between... :) Haa..I truly agree that Pandas are cute.

    - Sarah, I came from Middle class back ground, with minimum family support and 100% support from God Almighty.

    - I worked for HP-Hewlett-Packard for almost 4 years, as Seniour Tech support and have to Quit my job at the time of recession few months back.

    - Before joining HP, I do have my computer hardware services of my OWN. After joining HP, I used to shedule my Service work at the week ends.

    - When working in HP, I came to know about Google adwords and used to learn about it in free time (weekly 1-2Hrs) Max.

    - Now, after loosing my job, I am concentrating Fulltime on my Computer Hardware Service work and on my Google adwords.

    - Recently, I am cought up with some issue with my Google adwords account (tool) and my ads are not at all running smoothly, Clicks-0, Impressions-0

    - Sarah, I have seen your Google adwords reply to the Customers and wanted to be touch with U to learn some good things about Google adwords (Rules to be followed to run my Ads Smoothly), Delicious recipies and About Pandas tooo... :)

    So, now comming to my issue with goole adwords...I had recently created new adwords account, I had seleted the payment "Prepaid" and I do have Credit amount.

    - My ads are still showing as Click-0, impressions-0, so I contacted Google adwords team in India through Help button on Top of the Google adwords tool page.

    - G-team, replied back saying "["We disabled your AdWords account after a review of the landing page quality evaluations in this or a related account, because we believe that this kind of poor-quality site creates a seriously negative or possibly harmful user experience.]"

    - First of all, I didnot even start my Online campaigns yet. Now, I replied back to there Email and from the "HELP" from the tool but till date no reply from them (6:23 PM 2/4/2010). It is almost 4days now. I gave proper explanation with Proof.

    NOTE: The URL I used is "www.Worlds-Best-Quality-Natural-Herbal-Store.Com"

    Sarah, could help me to get this issue resolved, I will be the happiest person on this planet after U....and UR PANDA

    Needed any information about this PLZ reply back to this, I need your help Baddly.

    ReplyDelete